Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Thanks for a Fun Season Chicago White Sox

They gave their best shot, but those Astros were just too good.  I found out that this will be their fifth straight trip to the American League Championship Series.  And you could sure see it.  Make a mistake and they crucified you.  

That third inning especially yesterday.  Rodon hit the first batter, then walked the next two.  I immediately said the Astros were going to score at least two, which they immediately did.  That 2-1 lead proved to be all they needed.  

After the Sox beat them 12-6 Sunday in the game that seemed like it would never end, Sox bats went silent.  This was something the Sox had been doing regularly the last two months of the season.

But, I see a real fun year coming next season and they can use the experience in this playoff series to help base them for the next.

And, of course, I have to apologize to them for writing about the games in advance.  Whenever I do that for any of the teams I back, that essentially amounts to a kiss of death.

Oh, well.  At least I now have a lot more free time and I saved a lot of money buying souvenirs.  I will watch the rest of the MLB playoff, now that the Brewers are also out, at my convenience.  No must-watch games.

Oh yes, back in 2005, the White Sox swept the Astros in the World Series.  Just saying.

--RoadSad


No comments: