Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

WLS Top Ten for Week of October 25, 1971: 'Tired of Being Alone'

That's right, just fifty short years ago.  I was still in college at UGA at the time as a junior and pledging Sigma Phi Epsilon, but had decided to drop out of that fraternity and try to start a Delta Sigma Phi fraternity there.

1.  YO YO--  Osmonds

2.  I'VE FOUND SOMEONE OF MY OWN--  Free Movement

3.  CHARITY BALL--  Fanny

4.  GYPSEYS, TRAMPS & THIEVES--  Cher

5.  MAGGIE MAY / REASON TO BELIEVE--  Rod Stewart

6.  TIRED OF BEING ALONE--  Al Green

7.  DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN--  Lee Michaels

8.  ONLY YOU KNOW AND I KNOW--  Delaney & Bonnie

9.  SHAFT--  Isaac Hayes

10.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING SUNDAY--  Dawn

******************************

DEBUTS

27.  EVERYBODY'S EVERYTHING--  Santana

28.  BABY I'M-A-WANT YOU--  Bread

29.  I DON'T WANT TO LIVE INSIDE MYSELF--  Bee Gees

30.  TWO DIVIDED BY LOVE--  Grass Roots

CHERISH--  David Cassidy

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Been Fourteen Days Since I Don't Know When."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Do You Know What I Mean"


No comments: