Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Christmas Decorations Down and Coming Down


We always keep the Christmas decorations up until New Years Day. Liz went on a cleaning frenzy and took all the upstairs inside decorations down Wednesday and Thursday. This is a major effort as we have lots and lots and lots of Christmas stuff.

I've been trying not to buy new stuff, but that is hard. I get to looking at Christmas decorations like Ralphie looked at his bb gun. However, with me, it's not "You'll put your eye out," but "Where'm I gonna put it?" I did break down and buy a few things, but kept the new stuff under five items. Rather proud of it, but Liz still thinks I've bought too much.

I rather feel like the expectant father as his wife is delivering and she yells, "YOU. You did this to me," in a demonic trance, when Liz is taking down or putting up the stuff.

The only thing I can say about Liz's cleaning frenzies is to stay out of her way, less you find yourself packed away until next December. When we had the old mutt back in the 70s and 80s, we'd manage to stay one room ahead of Liz.

She did a great job though, and even did a major cleaning afterwards.

Meanwhile, the old procrastinator managed to get a few things down in Margaritaville (in the basement) last night during the New Hampshire presidential debates. Now that most of the snow has melted, I hope to get the outside decorations down once they dry out. Many of them had had snow on them until recently.

Until the Stores Put Up Their Christmas Stuff in September. --RoadDog

No comments: