Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

JSS-- Bowl Games, College B-Ball, Snow, NTN


JSS-Just Some Stuff

1. The Bowl games are mostly over. The Illinois game was a sad affair on New Year's Day. USC had something they wanted to prove, and they did. But, after the last two 2 win seasons, the 9-3 Illini record was quite an improvement and hopefully the team is ready to start many years of winning.

Congrats to Tennessee and Georgia for wins as well. Still pulling for LSU in the national championship game Monday.

2. Conference college basketball is underway now. This is what gets me through the winter. Unfortunately, I will be missing a lot of Big Ten games because of the Big Ten Network. My cable station could take the Home Shoppers Network or religious channel off and put this on and I'd be very happy.

Favorite Big Ten teams, in order: Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Northwestern.
Favorite ACC teams, in order: North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest, Virginia
Other favorites: Northern Illinois, Georgia, Tennessee, Gonzaga, DePaul, Marquette, East Carolina.

3. Snow's a meltin'. Temps in the upper 40s and we are quickly losing the white stuff. Driveway and sidewalks all clear now. Because of the really cold temps earlier in the week, the tress had mostly kept their white paintings the whole time. I'll miss that beauty.

4. Been playing some NTN since the new year began. Played at one new site, BW3 in Kenosha, as well as Freddie's, Donovan's, and Hello Folks. We've had 19 top twenties. Not bad.

Last year, Liz and I were able to visit a total of 54 new (by this I mean sites we'd never been to before) places. This puts us up to 619 different sites since we began playing.
My RoadDog player at Hello Folks in Fox Lake, Illinois, broke the 3 million mark recently. When you consider that you usually can only get 2000 points an hour, I'm spending way too much time playing this game.

However, the 3 million at Folks only puts me at #9 in the top ten players. And, #10 will be passing me within a few weeks. Evidently, I'm not the only one with a problem.

Life Goes On. --RoadDog


No comments: