Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's Them, Not Me: Burris-- Tuskegee Airmen-- Chelsey Sullenberger-- Obama Train Trip-- Goodbye Circuit City

Just Some Other Stuff.


1. BURRIS-- I still can't believe he was seated in the US Senate. Anyone appointed to such a position by our governor has to be suspect, even though I don't think he did anything wrong, other than use poor judgement.


2. TUSKEGEE AIRMEN-- I was really happy to see the Tuskegee Airmen have been incited to Washington, DC, for Obama's inauguration. If any group in the US deserves this honor more than them, I don't know who they might be. Imagine putting your life on the line and then returning home to be treated like a second-class citizen.


3. CHELSEY SULLENBERGER-- Congratulations for turning what could have been a major calamity into a no-loss adventure by landing that plane in the Hudson River.


4. OBAMA TRAIN TRIP-- Still in keeping with his effort to emulate Abraham Lincoln, President-elect Obama left DC and then took a train back to the town as Lincoln did in 1861.


5. GOODBYE CIRCUIT CITY-- Definitely one of my favorite places to spend money, so it will save me some of that in the future. I've long wondered whether they're building too many stores, perhaps they are. However, I worry that this will cause electronics prices to go even higher with less competition.

Don't Look Back, they May Be Gaining. --RoadDog

No comments: