Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, January 2, 2009

It's Them, Not Me: Interest Rate Drop Hurts Me-- Newspaper Woes-- Sonic Opens-- NO Hall for Ron

Some Thing That Burn Me. As Ricky would say, "You've got some 'splainin' to do"


1. INTEREST RATE DROP HURTS ME-- Not too happy to see the interest rates drop to as low as .25%. That's good for the GRBs who got us into this mess to begin with, but not for little old me with all my CDs. Guess what else dropped? Really tired of carrying these guys on my back.


2. NEWSPAPER WOES-- Well, the Chicago Tribune, my favorite newspaper filed for Chapter 11, and I see the Detroit papers are going to be printed just three days a week. One of my favorite things to do is to sit down with a paper, drink a cup of coffee, and read. For how much longer? Curse you computers...Wait, I'm on one right now.


3. SONIC OPENS-- The 3500th Sonic restaurant opened at the beginning of December in Algonquin, Illinois. It is the first one in the Chicagoland area. The few times I've been there, the food, drinks, and ice cream were great. Hopefully we'll get one closer to the Wisconsin line. We'll file this under "Good News."


4. NO HALL FOR RON-- Another sad time for former Cub (and even White Sox) great Ron Santo, who was again denied a place in baseball's Hall of Fame. He deserves it with that wonderful career. Unfortunately, he played for the hapless Cubs and not getting into a World Series really hurt his chances. Back when I was in high school. he once gave me a ride home and had coffee with my parents, one of the highlights of my life.

Don't Look Back, They May Be Gaining. --RoadDog

No comments: