Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's Them, Not Me: Gas Gouge is On-- Property Taxes

Things That really, Really Burn My Butt.

Yesterday was a c-o-s-t-l-y day, indeed.


1. GAS GOUGE IS ON-- Don't look now, but THEY'RE BACK!!!! The good folks at BO (Big Oil) and those zany HGs (Hedgefund Guys) are back again and moving fast. Yesterday, I got gas for the lawn tractor at Hugo Chavez's place here in Spring Grove for $2.80. Figured to get it now. Who knows how much it will be in three weeks. I'm guessing $3.10.

At the end of April, gas in Fox Lake was $2.10. Tuesday, it jumped from $2.66 to $2.75. Just let the price of a barrel go up a few cents, and within hours, the pumps reflect it. Let it drop, and it takes weeks to show it at the pump. What goes here?


2. PROPERTY TAXES-- Before getting ripped off at the pump, I got ripped off at the bank where I paid my 2008 property taxes, which, this year, really jumped. That is especially surprising since the value of my house dropped about a third. They raise my property taxes when the value goes up. When it drops, they raise it as well.

We are told the tax reflects a three-year average, which should drop a little starting next year. We'll wait and see if that happens.

I paid $4,134.05, and THAT is just HALF of what I owe!!! It was a $500 increase for the year.

Things That Really Burn me. GRBs All Over the Place. --RoadDog

No comments: