Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Where Were You June 7, 1969?-- Part 1

Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots went back to this date 40 years ago, June 7, 1969 for his Time Warp and spent the whole three hour show on it. Usually, he does an hour and a half on one year on this date, then jumps ahead five years for the last half.

He will be doing three more shows on the Summer of 69 during the next three months, probably the first Sunday of each month. I strongly recommend tuning in via internet as they stream live at www.wdrv.com Sundays from 7 AM to 10.

June 7, 1969, I was getting ready to graduate from Palatine High School in Palatine, Illinois. Originally I thought I had already graduated, but Liz wasn't sure, so looked it up on my diploma which read June 11th.

I was still working at my first-ever job, Burger King on Northwest Highway, US-14, in Palatine, where I had started after turning sixteen. I was still going steady with Liz Klaus, my wife of 36 years. We'd met back in November '67 and had been steady since Dec. 15, 1967.

I was more than a little upset when I didn't get a journalism award, even after I was sports editor of the newspaper (the Cutlass) and yearbook. The faculty advisor was not a fan of mine.

Songs Coming Up. --RoadDog

No comments: