Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Speaking of McDonald's

Whenever I travel out of the country, I do check out the local McDonald's stores to see if they have different offerings than you'd get here in the US. If they do have something, I order it.

In Australia, there were small packs of local favorite Vegemite, a type of spread. Do not put too much on your bread or cracker, though. That is some strong stuff.

Then, in New Zealand, I had the best sandwich ever, a Kiwi Burger, or was it a McKiwi. Besides a slab of meat, it had slices of hard boiled egg and beet. Excellent. When in NZ, check out the Maoris and the Kiwi Burger.

IN THE UNITED STATES

In Hawaii, you can get pineapples with your order. I wonder why that is?

An interesting item in Maine was something called a lobster roll (yesterday I mentioned a McLobster, but I'm fairly sure it was called a lobster roll). I didn't get around to trying one, figuring that maybe I could back home, but it turned out to only be offered in Maine, for some reason.

McDonald's, Not Always Your Same-Old, Same-Old. --RoadDog

No comments: