Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Trip Back to the Sixties-- Part 1

As in Chicagoland Sixties Rock and Roll.

This past Saturday, Nov. 14th, Liz and I went to the Mt. Prospect Borders Store for Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots Vol. 11 CD release party and were transported back in time to when the Chicago music scene was really hot.

We had plenty of great groups, and four of them played a concert for an appreciative overflowing crowd. That would be the New Colony Six, Cryan' Shames, Mauds and Jim Sahms of the Shadows of Knight.

My favorite 60s Chicago band, the New Colony Six opened the show with Bob Stroud singing "My Pledge of Love" by the Joe Jeffrey Group, one of the songs on the CD (I listed the songs and Bob's comments last week).

They then played:

I Confess
Can't You See Me Cry (a song on the new CD)
Things I'd Like to Say (where they were joined by Ronnie Rice)
I Lie Awake
Little Girls (a song by the Revelles)
I Will Always Think About You (Liz and my song from when we first started dating back in high school in 1967)
I'll Always Love You

No comments: