Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving in North Carolina

This past Friday, I cruised along the National Road in Ohio, crossing the famous Y-Bridge in Zanesville and viewing both S-Bridges between there and Cambridge.

Got gas in Cambridge and drove across gas rip-off state West Virginia, always twenty to thirty cents more expensive, and got gas at Wytheville, Virginia, always the cheapest, at $2.42.

I was too late for Snappy Lunch in Mt. Airy, Andy Griffith's hometown and inspiration for Mayberry. Had my heart set on one of their famous pork chop sandwiches. Had to "settle" on Golden Corral. Oh well!!


REST OF WAY

It was getting to be rush hour when I got to Winston-Salem, and I-40 is not much fun because of traffic at any time, but really bad at this time. Happily, it was easy going until I got to Raleigh, then, rush hour more than made up for the earlier part.

It took quite awhile to get through this stretch.

US-70 was an easy drive after that.

Home for the Holidays. --RoadDog

No comments: