Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

2009 Trop Rock Music Awards

I was wondering what you call Jimmy Buffett-type music. I guess that has been answered, it is called Trop Rock. A whole lot of country music can now be classified Trop Rock.

Anyway, the 2009 Trop Rock Music Award Winners have been announced.

Most of the bands I was not familiar with. However, I do know Howard Livingston and Mile Marker 24 out of the Florida Keys and they did VERY WELL, taking four honors: Band of the Year, Entertainer of the Year, CD of the Year for "I'm Living On an Island" and Song of the Year, same title.

I've seen them several times at Blarney Island and Captain's Quarters here on the Chain of Lakes in northeast Illinois.

Internet Radio station winner was Sandbar Radio.

Came across a great name for a band called Boat Drunks. Good One!!

Time to Fire Up That 'Ol Johnson There, Guys. Margaritas All Around!! Congrats!! --RoadDog

No comments: