Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

JSS: Winter Break?-- The King's Speech-- 1973-- Hope the Birdies Appreciate It

JSS-- Just Some Stuff

1. WINTER BREAK?-- Since January, here in northeast Illinois near the Wisconsin border, we've only had maybe four days over freezing, but it looks like we'll be getting a respite for a week or so with temps between 32 and even a high of 38 DEGREES!!

We have plenty of snow to melt as well. There was at least 14 inches on the ground before that Blizz '11 thing.

And, from when I got back on the 8th to yesterday, it was downright cold!!


2. THE KING'S SPEECH-- Yesterday, I saw the movie "The King's Speech" that has been getting all the Oscar hoopla. I'd have to say it definitely is deserving of it.

Why is it that all movies have to be geared for the kids and teens. We need more like this.


3. 1973-- I just spent the last four hours recording Wendy Rice's WXRT Saturday Morning Flashback, this year to 1973. We'll be listening to it on the drive to Panama City next week. Recorded them on cassettes, that's right, audio cassettes. Remember them.


4. HOPE THE BIRDIES APPRECIATE IT-- Just shoveled my way out to the bird feeder and filled it up, this time not falling into any snowdrifts. I never even got one thank you chirp. I tell you, I can't get any respect.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog


QUESTIONABLE HEADLINE: War Dims the Hope for Peace. (No kidding? Wonder How That Happened?)

No comments: