Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Rockin' Valentine-- Part 1

Who says Rock and Roll has nothing to do with love. There are lots of rock songs dealing with that and Bob Stroud played a whole bunch of them yesterday on his My Rocking Valentine show of Rock and Roll Roots, WDRV, the Drive, here in Chicago.

Here are his songs:

LOVELY TO SEE YOU-- Moody Blues
I LOVE YOU-- Zombies
LOVE IS ALL AROUND-- Troggs
BABY I LOVE YOU-- Aretha Franklin
PLAY ON LOVE-- Jefferson Starship

JIMMY LOVES MARRYANNE-- Looking Glass
PUT A LITTLE LOVE IN YOUR HEART-- Jackie DeShannon
BABY I LOVE YOUR WAY-- Peter Frampton
GIVE ME LOVE (GIVE ME PEACE ON EARTH)-- George Harrison
SAY YOU LOVE ME-- Fleetwood Mac

FOOLED AROUND AND FELL IN LOVE-- Elvin Bishop
DO YOU LOVE ME-- Dave Clark Five
LOVE IS LIKE AN ITCHING IN MY HEART-- Supremes
SILLY LOVE SONGS-- Wings
OH MY LOVE-- John Lennon

HELLO I LOVE YOU-- Doors
HEARD IT IN A LOVE SONG-- Marshall Tucker Band
TEENAGE LOVE AFFAIR-- Rick Derringer
LOVIN' TOUCHIN' SQUEEZIN'-- Journey
COME AND GET YOUR LOVE-- Redbone

Come On and Kiss Me, Right? --RoadDog


QUESTIONABLE HEADLINE-- Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge. (Don't think I'll be driving on it any time soon.

No comments: