Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Look Back: Top 20 Songs of November 1972-- Part 1

From "The Book of Hit Singles: Top 20 Charts from 1954 to the Present Day" by Dave McAleer.

Going back 40 years ago.  Wow, 40 years ago and I remember hearing 'em all back then. 

1.  I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW--  Johnny Nash--  Early reggae.
2.  I'D LOVE YOU TO WANT ME--  Lobo
3.  NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN--  Moody Blues--  Liz's all-time favorite song.

4.  I'LL BE AROUND--  Spinners
5.  FREDDIE'S DEAD--  Curtis Mayfield--
6.  I AM WOMAN-- Helen Reddy--  I always think of the "Coach" episode when he and the woman's basketball coach were pimping each other "I Am Cow, Hear Me Moo."
7.  PAPA WAS A ROLLIN' STONE--  Temptations--

8.  MY DING-A-LING--  Chuck Berry--  His biggest hit.  Can you spell double -e-n-t-e-n-d-r-e?  I remember a General Finance Christmas Party with Freddie singing this on top of a little table.
9.  GARDEN PARTY--  Rick Nelson--  What happened to lovable Ricky?
10.  IF I COULD REACH YOU--  Fifth Dimension  (OK, I'm not so familiar with this one.)

Really, 40 Years Ago?  --RoadDog


Answers to yesterday's WHICH CAME FIRST?:  Dr. Pepper (1886), Pepsi-Cola (1898), 7-Up (1933), Tab (1963) The first diet drink.


No comments: