Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

JSS: Halloween-- Boat-- '85 Firebird-- Yard-- Drive's "A to Z"-- Election Day 1972

JSS--  Just Some Stuff


1.  HALLOWEEN--  Just finished taking down the decorations (I put out a lot of lights and pumpkins in every window) yesterday.  There are still a few fallish items around.  Next week I start the Christmas decs as I like to have them on by Thanksgiving and will be in NC then.  Plus, I try to put them up outside in nicer weather.  Went to Walgreen's the day after and stocked up with some new stuff for next Halloween at half price.


2.  BOAT--  That's up for the season after getting out 43 times despite the drought and really cold and windy fall.  It is out in Hebron at the barn where we've been keeping it the past seven years or so.


3.  '85 FIREBIRD--  I just got a cheaper EA license plate (Extended Antique) as I only drive it 600-700 miles a year (and put it away for the winter and drop most insurance coverage).  I can drive it all but the winter months, but I'm not sure if winter starts Nov. 1st or Dec. 1st.  Perhaps I'll take it out for a ride and if I get pulled over, I'll find out.


4.  YARD--  Getting it ready for winter, bringing stuff in and burning yard waste.  We can still burn weekends Oct-Nov and April-May.


5.  DRIVE'S "A TO Z"--  Yesterday, Chicago's WDRV, the Drive, started their semiannual "A to Z" where they play around 2,000 songs until sometime next week (Nov. 12th?).  And, they do it alphabetically, right now playing "Cross-Eyed Mary" by Jethro Tull.  OK, now "Crossfire" by Stevie Ray Vaughan.  OK, now "Crossroads" by Cream.


6.  ELECTION DAY 1972--  Sunday, Bob Stroud goes back 40 years and will play songs from Nov. 4, 1972, for three hours, 7 to 10 AM CST, on WDRV, but remember to fall back with your time.
www.wdrv.com. Anybody remember who was running for president back then?

Just Some Stuff.  --RoadDog


The Final answers to WHICH CAME FIRST:   Contact Lenses (1887), Lipstich (1915), Band-Aids (1920), Kleenex (1924)

No comments: