Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Carolina for Thanksgiving in 2012-- Day 2: The National Road

November 19th

Made the drive from Zanesville, Ohio, with that great "Y" Bridge, courthouse, Mickey's and the two "S" Bridges between there and Cambridge.

I had never driven the stretch of the National Road east of Cambridge and its eastern terminus at Cumberland, Maryland, so the rest of the trip was all new stuff to me.  Somehow, I missed a turn by Old Washington and ended up on all sorts of rolling roads northeast of town and through an Amish area.

Back on US-40 and the National Road, I went through Wheeling, West Virginia, with that beautiful 1840s suspension bridge.  Then into Pennsylvania and a visit to George Washington's Fort Necessity, one of the opening shots of the French and Indian War.

Some of the most beautiful driving I've ever done to Cumberland.  Then on to Hagerstown, Maryland, for the night.

I've Now Essentially Driven Most of the National Road.  --RoadDog

No comments: