Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

So, It Was 45 Years Ago Today

On this date 45 years ago (December 15, 1967), I gave my ID bracelet to Liz in a laundromat at the Palatine Plaza shopping center on Northwest Highway.  I couldn't give her my ring because I was just a junior and didn't receive it until May.

I was trying to think of an unexpected place to give it to her, and came up with a laundromat.  It worked.  She was doing her family's laundry at the time.

We were both juniors at Palatine High School at the time and her family had just moved to Palatine from Chicago.

We went steady throughout high school (and I got my ring for exactly one day before Liz got it).  We broke for awhile college, but got back together and celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary this past August.

I'm Figuring I Must Still Like Her...Maybe...Kinda...

No comments: