Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Baseball...Now That I Don't Much Care


Since neither the White Sox or Cubs (or even the Brewers), the three teams I pull for in MLB, made the playoffs (well, they could have made it in reverse, both ending in last place in their respective divisions and in a race to see who could be worse-- the Sox were), I don't much care who wins. Other than the fact that it WON'T BE THE YANKEES!!! As long as they don't make it, that is alright with me.

Actually, I was pulling for the Oakland A's and Pittsburgh Pirates since both rank with the "loser" category, something I can definitely identify with (the Pirates have had twenty straight losing seasons and the A's can't get folks into their park).

I guess now, I'll back the local Midwest teams, Detroit and St. Louis. I actually like the Cardinals (especially when they had baseball's best manager, Tony LaRussa (who also managed the Sox to success back in the 80s) but they are getting too much like the Yankees, winning all the time like that.

Go Tigers and Cardinals. --RoadDog

No comments: