Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Record Store Day This Saturday-- Part 1: A Trip Back in Time

Now just two days away, Record Store Day (RSD) will be celebrated here in the United Sartes as well as U.K., Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Mexico, Italy and Spain.

This is a day for us old folks as we get to pay our respects to those old mom and pop record stores and again do that special album flips through the racks looking for that special treasure.  Just a couple months ago, I found the Jaime Brockett albums with "Ballad of the USS Titanic" on it.  A real experience at my usual local, The Vinyl Frontier, record store in McHenry, Illinois.

Not only do I enjoy flipping those albums, but CDs are almost as much fun.

I have been to most of the RSDs and plan to hit two of them Saturday.

And, I am really happy to be seeing more and more young people (a lot of high school students) who are coming into the stores.  I thought those of my ilk were going the way of the dinosaurs in this era of up and downloading.

Finally, a Day for Me!!  --RoadDog

No comments: