Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 15, 2015

The King Is Dead: B.B. King, 89: Bluesman Supreme

I was expecting it since I heard he was under hospice care, but the blues and rock genres are that much less today with word of B.B. King.

I had become aware of something being wrong with him on WXRT's Tom Marker's Bluebreakers Show earlier this year.  He pointed out that B.B. King had essentially disappeared and began playing one of his songs every show until they found out what was wrong.

That means his famous guitar (actually several guitars) has lost its owner.  Of course, there was his huge "The Thrill Is Gone" song that made me aware of blues music.

I'm sure Tom Marker will have a full Bluebreakers show on King this coming Monday, WXRT 93.1 FM, Chicago (CSDT) and it streams.

--RoadDog


No comments: