Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 15, 2015

WLS Top 40 for May 14, 1965-- Part 1

Every so often I'll do all 40 songs on the survey just to really get a slice of that period of time's music.  I usually recognize the Top Ten, but there are always ones further down the list that I don't remember ever hearing as well as unknown to me groups requiring some research.

These are from the oldiesloon site, a great repository for all thing 60s music and other oldies.

I'll start at #40 and work my way up to #1  An * means this is one I'm not familiar with.  You Tube here I come.

40.  YOU WERE ONLY FOOLING--  Vic Damone*
39.  WOOLLY BULLY--  Sam the Sham  (Let me predict big things for this one.)
38.  NOTHING CAN STOP ME--  Gene Chandler

37.  I DO LOVE YOU--  Billy Stewart
36.  I'LL BE DOGGONE--  Marvin Gaye
35.  THINK OF THE GOOD TIMES--  Jay & the Americans*
34.  IT'S GROWING--  temptations  (Was this their first Top 40?)

33.  OOO BABY BABY--  Miracles
32.  BABY THE RAIN MUST FALL--  Glenn Yarbrough
31.  SHE'S ABOUT A MOVER--  Sir Douglas Quintet  (Texans being English, right Doug?)

Uno, Dos, Tres...  --RoadDog


SOME CRAZY SAYINGS:  She had a boyfriend with a wooden leg, but broke it off.

No comments: