Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Every Blooming THing: Early August 2015

This is the time of my black-eyed Susans and purple cone flowers.    I have several hundred of them scattered all over the yard and they are just brilliant.  In addition, my daylillies are still blooming with a whole myriad of colors.

The mountain ash trees have their orange balls of berries on them and quite a few of my mums are in early bloom.

My continuous blast of color continues as it has since April.

It is quite dry now, so I don't have to cut the grass this week.  Earlier, with all the rain, I was having to cut some serious grass every 4-5 days.

I have been making it to the various Big Store nurseries in the area, including Home Depot, Menard's,  Wal-Marts and Meijer's as they begin putting plants on clearance, a time I buy a whole lot.

I will soon begin transplanting a myriad of perennials as well as the new, store-bought, plants.

And the mosquitoes are absolutely horrible these days, particularly when there is no breeze.  All that rain in June and July, you know.


REDNECK COMPUTER TERMS:  HARDCOPY--  Pictures looked at when selecting tattoos.

No comments: