Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, August 7, 2015

Top Ten Songs Back 71 Years Ago in 1944 "Rum and Coca-Cola"

From the #1 in History Site.  I believe this site has something to do with Spotify which I fo\irst became aware of while dining at Big Daddy's in Kure Beach, N.C..  I have since heard about this music service several times.

Actually, I was unable to see song #10.

Mom would remember these as she was 14 years-old at the time and quite a music fan.

1.  RUM AND COCA COLA--  Andrews Sisters
2.  MY DREAMS ARE GETTING BETTER--  Doris Day with Les Brown Orchestra
3.  CANDY--  Johnny Mercer & the Pied Pipers

4.  AC-CENT-TCHU-ATE THE POSITIVE--  Johnny Mercer & the Pied Pipers
5.  DON'T FENCE ME IN--  Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters
6.  A LITTLE ON THE LONELY SIDE--  Frankie Carle

7.  DREAM--  Pied Pipers
8.  I'M BEGINNING TO SEE THE LIGHT--  Duke Ellington
9.  SLEIGH RIDE IN JULY--  Bing Crosby

Actually, I've heard all but #2, #3, #6 and #9.

"Eliminate the Negative, Latch On to the Positive."  --RoadDog


REDNECK COMPUTER TERMS: HACKER--  Uncle Leroy after thirty years of smoking.

No comments: