Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, January 1, 2016

WLEE Radio Top 40 for July 27, 1964-- Part 1: "Nobody I Know"

From the Dancing on the Edge News.

The station was located in Richmond, Virginia.  I imagine the call letters had something to do with the Confederate general.

40.  HE WAS A FRIEND OF MINE--  Bobby Bare   Country
39.  RINGO'S THEME--  George Martin Orchestra  This is the instrumental to "This Boy" from the Hard Day's Night movie soundtrack.
38.  I GET AROUND--  Beach Boys

37.  NOBODY I KNOW--Peter & Gordon   I had forgotten about how good this song was.  Follow up to their #1 hit "A World Without Love."  Went to #12.
36.  YOU'RE MY REMEDY--  Marvelettes   A forgotten Motown goodie.
35.  LOVE IS ALL WE NEED--  Vic Dana  Was he ever that young?
34.  I'LL KEEP YOU SATISFIED--  Billy J. Kramer

33.  SHE'S THE ONE--  Chartbusters   Think Beatle Busters.
32.  JOHNNY LOVES ME--  Florraine Darlin  never heard of her before.  A great Girl Group song.  Her only Top 100 was 1962's "Long As the Rose Is Red" #62.  Good song.
31.  HAUNTED HOUSE--  Gene Simmons

Name That Tune: "I'm getting Bugged Driving Up and Down This Same Old Strip."  --RoadDog


MEMORY LANE:  Whatever happened to lumbago?  Perhaps uit was that castor oil your mom made you take?

"I Get Around"


No comments: