Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, January 25, 2016

WLS Top 40 Survey for January 28, 1966-- Part 1: "Long Live Our Love"

Every month or so, I go through the whole top 40 songs on the survey instead of just the Top Ten.  This gives me an opportunity to listen to songs I'm not too familiar with on that good old You Tube which has an amazing number of songs.  rarely is there a song that I can't find on it.

I get the WLS Silver Dollar Surveys from the Oldies Loon WLS site.  I also use Joel Whitburn's "Top Pop Singles 1955-1993."  All final rankings are from Billboard national charts, not WLS.

At the bottom of the survey was a picture of one of WLS' top deejays, Art Roberts.  He was on the radio from 9 to Midnight seven days a week (Sundays from 10 to Midnight).  Everyone anxiously anticipated his Chicago Top three every night at 10 p.m..

40.  WHAT NOW MY LOVE--  Sonny & Cher   #14.  Written in France in 1962.
39.  LONG LIVE OUR LOVE--  Shangri-Las  #33  A war song.  She'll wait her soldier boy and pray.
38.  THE ANSWER TO MY PRAYER--  Neil Sedaka.  #89  A real good song  His last hit after a nice run from 1958 to 1966.  His next big hit was a #1 in 1974 with "Laughter in the Rain."

Name That Tune:  "How Can I Live Through Another Day?"  --RoadDog

HOW TO LIE TO THE BATHROOM SCALE:  Always go to the bathroom first."

"What Now My Love"

No comments: