Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Going Back to 1967-- Part 1: "Kind of a Drag"

From Wendy Rice's Saturday Morning Flashback show on WXRT, p3.1 FM in Chicago for March 12, 2016.

A great high school year for me at dear old Palatine in Palatine, Illinois.  I was a sophomore and junior that year.  This was the year I met Liz.

ONE MORE HEARTACHE--  Paul Butterfield Blues Band
I'M A MAN--  Spencer Davis Group
I WAS MADE TO LOVE HER--  Stevie Wonder

BROWN EYED GIRL--  Van Morrison
KIND OF A DRAG--  Buckinghams
COLD SWEAT--  James Brown

THERE IS A MOUNTAIN--  Donovan
GOOD MORNING, GOOD MORNING--  Beatles
BOOGALOO DOWN BROADWAY--  Fantastic Johnny C

Name That Tune:  "Hey, Where'd We Go, Days When the Rains Came."  --RoadDog

RAMBLINGS OF A RETIRED MIND:  I was thinking about old age and decided that it is when you still have something on the ball, but you are too tired to bounce it!

"Brown Eyed Girl"

No comments: