Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, December 1, 2016

WLS Top 40 for December 16, 1966-- Part 1: " I Love You So Much"


40.  I HAD TOO MUCH TO DREAM LAST NIGHT--  Electric Prunes    (Debut)  Went to #11 on Billboard, their highest charter of two songs.  Seattle psychedelic rock band.  I always thought they said "I Had Too Much to Drink Last Night."

39.  IF YOU GO AWAY--  Damita Jo  (Debut)  Went to #68 on Billboard.  About put me to sleep and went on and on.  Her biggest hit was "I'll Be There" #12 in 1961.

38.  I LOVE YOU SO MUCH--  New Colony Six  (Debut)  #61 on Billboard.  WLS pushing a local band, again.

37.  ALL--  James Darren  (Debut)  Went to #35 Billboard.  From the movie "Run for Your Wife." His biggest hit was "Goodbye Cruel World" #3 in 1961.

36.  CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I STILL LOVE YOU--  Flock  (Debut)  Didn't chart on Billboard.   WLS pushing another Chicago band.  We sure had some great music in Chicago back then.

--Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I Touched Your Golden Hair and Tasted Your Perfume."  --RoadDog



"I Had Too Much to Dream"

No comments: