Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, October 1, 2017

A Football Kind of Weekend-- Part 1: A Statue, a Boat and a High School Football Game


FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 15

The usual internet blog posting and FP, Flats and OD (my outside areas).

I drove over McHenry, Illinois, to Meijer and found that they still had cassette tapes so bought a couple 5-pack bricks ($5.49)  I still record on them as it is my preferred way to record.  I then went to the Big R store where I had seen a really neat statue of an American soldier kneeling by a cross with his head down yesterday, but they didn't yet have a price on it and couldn't find the cost.

It was $42 and I bought it.  Not sure where I am going to put it right now, but I do know I will put a small American flag by it.  My way of saying thanks to all service members who put their lives on the line so we can live as we do.

I went boating and then to the Richmond-Burlington Central football game.  Where else you want to be on a warm Friday night (though I still wish high school games were played on Saturday afternoons as they were when I was back in school).

A much better game than the one last week at Johnsburg which we lost.  I pull for Johnsburg unless they play Richmond-Burton where I send a real lot of money for property taxes.  Some confusion as they were also called the Rockets.  We won 38-10.

--RoadDog

No comments: