Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

JSS: No Mo Cubs-- World Series-- Greenin' Up


JSS--  Just Some Stuff

1.  NO MO CUBS--  Sure glads the Cubs finally got put out of their and our agony in the playoffs, even though they did manage to pull out a gritty victory over the Washington Hairy Nationals and former Cb manager Dusty baker, who I still blame for the self-destruction back in the Bartman NLCS.

Bringing in relief pitchers was like throwing gasoline to put the fire out.  And, what a bad time for most all the players to go into a batting slump.  I think we only had one player at .220 and the rest were under .200.  And, last year's NL MVP, Bryant was out to break all playoff records for strike outs.

Oh well, that frees up a lot of time as I will watch the World Series if I happen to be in a bar and it's on TV.

2.  WORLD SERIES--  And speaking of the World Series, I don't really like either team, though the Astros being American League, my favorite, I will sort of be for them.  To me, they should still be in the NL.  They were the ones the Sox swept in the 2005 World Series.  At least the hated Yankees did not go.

3.  GREENIN' UP-  The yard has sure greened up from recent rains while we were gone and Sunday and Monday.  I may even have to cut it again (if it dries out).  At least mow up the fallen leaves or maybe burn them some weekend between now and the end of November as we can still burn on those days.

I Really Love the Smell of Burning Leaves.  --RoadBurn

No comments: