Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

About Those Six Things People Don't Have Anymore


OK, here's the scoop on me:

1.  CDs   I listened to the Kinks "Soap Opera" on CD in the '11 Malibu yesterday on the way to the Civil War Round Table meeting (and back).  The next car we buy will probably be a problem as I have to have a CD player.  As a matter of fact, I would like to have a cassette player as well.

2.  VHS Tape-- I have been watching VHS tapes of shows I recorded last week and have now caught up with them.  That's right, I still have a VCR.

3.  File cabinets--  Yep, I have several file cabinets in desks at home.  I still store papers and what have you in them.  I even have a couple spares in the garage.

4.  Wall calendars--  I have three wall calendars up around the house and several in reserve.

5.  Take out menus.  I have some, but not many.  I have never been much of a one for take out.  Why mess up the house when I can mess up there place?

6.  Alarm clocks--  I have them, but since I'm retired, I don't use them much unless I want to make sure I wake up in time to record Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots on an audio cassette on Sunday morning.

And, I would like to add ROAD ATLASES.  We still have several and I prefer to use these when planning a big truck.  I do, however, use GPS for closer in directions.


I Guess I'm Just Technologically Impaired.    --RoadChallenged


No comments: