Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

WLS Top 40 for May 6, 1968-- Part 2: Does Your Mama Know"


35.  IF I WERE A CARPENTER--  Four Tops   (D)   #20    More great Motown.    Group formed in Detroit in 1953.

34.  I WANNA LIVE--  Glen Campbell     #36    I had never heard it before, but with repeated hearings, it grows on you.  Song was #1 on Country Charts for three weeks.

33.  DOES YOUR MAMA KNOW--  Bobby Taylor & the Vancouvers     #29   Actual title "Does Your Mama Know About Me."   The Vancouvers were a bi-racial group.  I can almost hear Chicago's Herb Kent, the Kool Gent,  playing this belly-rubber.

32.  WEAR IT ON YOUR FACE---  Dells   #44  R&B group from Harvey, Illinois.  Actual title  "Wear It On Our Face."  As good as the Temptations and 4 Tops.

31.  A MAN WITHOUT LOVE--  Engelbert Humperdink    #19  Real name Arnold George Dorsey.  I wasn't sure I had heard this before, but on hearing it, I had.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Now Would You Marry Me Anyway."  Answer below.  --RoadDog

AIN'T IT THE TRUTH:  Why do I have to press the number one for English, when you're just going to transfer me to someone I can't understand anyway?


"If I Were A Carpenter"

No comments: