Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, January 20, 2019

WLS Top Ten for January 20, 1969: "Going Up the Country"


Fifty years ago in Chicago, these were the Top Ten and debuts in WLS, 890 AM.  Hey, 50 years = half a century.   Can You Dig It?   Man.

1.  CRIMSON & CLOVER--  Tommy James / Shondells
2.  TOUCH ME--  Doors
3.  SOULFUL STRUT--  Young Holt Unlimited

4.  WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN--  Brooklyn Bridge
5.  HOOKED ON A FEELING--  B.J. Thomas
6.  GOING UP THE COUNTRY--  Canned Heat
7.  I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME--  Diana Ross / Supremes

8.  SON OF A PREACHER MAN--  Dusty Springfield
9.  I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE--  Marvin Gaye
10.  HANG 'EM HIGH--  Booker T. & the MGs

DEBUTS

32.  RAMBLIN' GAMBLIN' MAN--  Bob Seeger
34.  I'VE GOTTA BE ME--  Sammy Davis, Jr.

35.  I'VE GOT A LINE ON YOU--  Spirit
39.  BUT YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU--  First Edition
40.  GAMES PEOPLE PLAY--  Joe South

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Oh, Now I Don't Hardly Know Her, But I Think That I Could Love Her."  Answer below.  --RoadDog

IN 50 YEARS OF LIVING YOU LEARN:  There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."


"Crimson & Clover"

No comments: