Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, January 7, 2019

WLS Top Ten for January 6, 1969 "Son of a Preacher Man"


Happy New Year, 1969.  Only fifty years ago.  How could that be?

I do these with top ten and debuts every week.  Once a month I also do the Top 40.  These come from WLS Year Oldies Loon.

1.  I'M GONNA MAKE YOU LOVE ME--  Diana Ross / Supremes
2.  I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE--  Marvin Gaye
3.  CRIMSON & CLOVER--  Tommy James / Shondells

4.  THINGS I'D LIKE TO SAY--  New Colony Six
5.  SON OF A PREACHER MAN--  Dusty Springfield
6.  SOULFUL STRUT--  Young Holt Unlimited
7.  GOING UP THE COUNTRY--  Canned Heat

8.  HANG 'EM HIGH--  Booker T. & the MGs
9.  I LOVE HOW YOU LOVE ME--  Bobby Vinton
10.  STORMY--  Classics IV

DEBUTS

28.  CAN I CHANGE MY MIND--  Tyrone Davis
34.  BABY LET'S WAIT--  Royal Guardsmen
37.  THERE'S GONNA BE A SHOWDOWN--  Archie Bell & the Drells

38.  BABY BABY DON'T CRY--  Smokey Robinson & the Miracles
39.  THIS MAGIC MOMENT--  Jay & the Americans
40.  YOU SHOWED ME--  Turtles

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I'm Going Where The Water Tastes Like Wine."  Answer below.  --RoadDog

WHAT YOU LEARN IN FIFTY YEARS:  "You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe Daylight Saving Time.    (I can tell you why.)

"Going Up the Country"


No comments: