Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 10, 2019

About Last Weekend: No Hardee's, Sammie's, The Curse of the Round Lake Spring Carnival, Magee Teachers and Legion Name That Tune


THURSDAY, MAY 2

Four straight days of rain and that grass is mocking me.  Lots of flooding and the lower Fox River is no wake.  I saw a real creepy movie in Fox Lake called "The Curse of La Llorana."  Then went to Round Lake Beach and found that the Hardee's was closed.  I'm disappointed, but not surprised as there were hardly any customers when I went.  I ended up at Sammie's on Rollins for one of their great gyro meals.

I saw that the infamous Round Lake Spring Carnival was setting up, so that explains all the horrible weather this week.  Stopped at the Legion on the way home.

FRIDAY, MAY 3

A day without rain.  Wow!!  Went to the Bristol 45 Diner in Bristol, Wisconsin, and met with former Magee teachers.  Later went to the Legion in Fox Lake for 50-50 and enjoyed playing Name That Tune with the deejay.

--Roaddog


No comments: