Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Every Blooming THing-- Mid May: A Burning Weekend


I spent both days last weekend working on the burn pile.  I mean I had a whole lot of branches and limbs, both from the white pines which had a lot of branches broken from a late winter heavy snow (along with some trimming of the lower ones).  Many of those branches/limbs were as much as three to four inches wide.

Plus, I had the branches from the double apple tree which I had cut down and the Bradford pear tree was severely cut back as well.  To say the least, I had a whole lot of burning to do.  It helped when I finally hot the knack of how to get the fire burning hot enough to burn those limbs.  I also had trimmed the smaller branches off the limbs and, the pine needles were drying out so made an excellent accelerant when the fire would get low.

I was able to get the burning in before it rained, which it did both Saturday and Sunday.

Right now, the hyacinths and jonquills are finished, but the tulips are blooming.  Plus, I have probably a hundred creeping phlox plants blooming as well as a yellow perennial.  The crabapple trees are blooming as well, so I have plenty of color.

Oh yes, and the dandelions are plentiful as usual.

Color All Spring, Summer and Fall.  --RoadDog

A PLETHORA OF TIDBITS:  Genuphobia is the fear of knees.



No comments: