Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

After 33 Years, the Boat's Probably Gone-- Part 1


Kind of a sad, but happy day for us yesterday as I took our 19.5 foot Bayliner Capri open bow, i/o over to a local place who will attempt to sell it for us.

We bought out first boat in 1985, an 17-foot Imperial modified tri-hull.  In 1900, we bought a 19-ft Four Winns and in 2013 the present boat.

I had always thought having a boat was ridiculous growing up.  Our family never had one.  However, when I started deejaying at the Puppet Bar on Pistakee Lake and Neptune's Cove on Fox Lake in the early 1980s there were a lot of boaters and they were having really big fun, so I decided we'd have to get one for ourselves.

I didn't get one right away as I knew that with a boat, I'd have to learn how to tie at least one knot.  Knots are something I am not good at and a reason I never got past being a Tenderfoot in the Boy Scouts as I had to know my knots.  That just wasn't going to happen.  No problem, though, as the main reason I was in Scouts was for the camp outs.  Now those were a whole lot of fun.

Anyhow, the owner of the Puppet Bar (Eagle Point Park), Joe Gates, showed me a simple knot and after about a month I had "mastered" it.

So, I could now get a boat.

A Boating We Go.  --RoadDog

A PLETHORA OF TIDBITS:  Before Sir Thomas More was beheaded in 1535, he moved his lengthy beard aside, saying it "had never committed any treason."   A Man and His Beard.


No comments: