Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, May 10, 2019

WLS Top 40 for May 12, 1969-- Part 4: "Hawaii Five-O"


25.  YOU'VE MADE ME SO VERY HAPPY--  Blood, Sweat & Tears     #2    Love those horns.  Horns just make any song better.  The first of three straight #2 songs.  They were like CCR who had five #2s and never a #1.

24.  I COULD NEVER LIE TO YOU--  New Colony Six     #50      This is WLS supporting local Chicago groups.

23.  DON'T GIVE IN TO HIM--  Gary Puckett /Union Gap      #15    More of this group's sex songs.   The Union Gap formed in San Diego in 1967.

22.  HAWAII FIVE-0--  Ventures     #4     One really cool instrumental.  That riff makes me see that huge wave.  From the TV series of the same name, starring Jack Lord.

21.  NOTHING BUT A HEARTACHE--  Flirtations       #34    When I saw this song, I didn't think I'd heard of it before, but I had.  What voices this trio had.  They should have been more than a one-hit wonder.  Not to be confused with the Supreme's "Nothing But Heartaches" which is a different song.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I Lost At Love Before, Got Mad And Closed The Door."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"You've Made Me So Very Happy"

No comments: