Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, June 9, 2019

WLS Top Ten for May 26, 1969: "In the Ghetto"


OK, I forgot to do the post, but I have an excuse, I was at this race down in Indianapolis, Indiana, well, actually Speedway, Indiana.  That's my excuse anyway.

1.  GET BACK--  Beatles
2.  LOVE--  Mercy
3.  MORNING GIRL--  Neon Philharmonic

4.  THESE EYES--  Guess Who
5.  OH, HAPPY DAY--  Edwin Hawkins Singers
6.  THE BOXER--  Simon & Garfunkel
7.  I COULD NEVER LIE TO YOU--  New Colony Six

8.  IN THE GHETTO--  Elvis Presley
9.  I'VE BEEN HURT--  Bill Deal  / Rhondells
10  GRAZING IN THE GRASS--  Friends of Distinction

*******************

DEBUTS

32.  GOOD MORNING STARSHINE--  Oliver
35.  I WANNA TESTIFY--  Johnnie Taylor

36.  APRIL FOOLS--  Dionne Warwick
37.  MOODY WOMAN--  Jerry Butler

38.  NO MATTER WHAT SIGN YOU ARE-- Diana Ross / Supremes
39.  BLACK PEARL--  Sonny Charles & the Checkmates

40.  BUT, IT'S ALRIGHT--  J.J. Jackson

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "As The Snow Flies On A Cold And Gray Chicago Mornin'"  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"In the Ghetto"

No comments: