Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 3, 2019

Every Blooming THing, Early June 2019


The yard is ablaze with color right now.  The wild tall phlox are all blooming purple.  The irises are purple and yellow.  Hundreds of daisies are white.  The creeping phlox is lavender and dianthus are blooming as well as some other perennials that I don't know the name.  The ajuga is purple as well.

Sadly, my mountain ash succumbed to ash borers and fell over so I have been cutting it up.  My burning bushes are just starting to leaf out and I will have to really trim the boxwoods and azaleas back because of winter kill.  That polar vortex really did a number on my yard.

I am still working on limbs from the apple tree and Bradford pear.  It is hard to keep up with the grass.  Between all the rain and cool temperatures, it is grass nirvana.  The sunburst honeylocusts are all golden right now as well.

Always Something Blooming in the Yard.  --RoadDog

No comments: