Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, August 15, 2019

No More Boating for Us-- Part 2: Best Two Days In A Boater's Life


Continued from July 26, 2019.

They say that the two best days of a boater's life are the day he buys his first boat and the day they sell their boat.  Well, it should be said the day they sell their last boat.  In between, the first and last boat, when they sell, they buy another boat.

But, you get to the point where it is not as much fun as it was at first.  That is what happened to us.  When we got our first boat in 1985, we were out in it just about every day for the rest of the summer.  Being teachers, we had the summer off so got to enjoy it seven days a week and believe me, we did.  Even with all the boats out on the water on the weekends, though I was often deejaying then.

My parents never had a boat, nor did Liz's, so we were new to the game in 1985.  Even though we lived in Round Lake Beach, just a few miles from the Chain of Lakes (and had been since 1975) we never partied out on the lakes at all.

But, when I started deejaying, I got regular jobs at Neptune's Cove on Fox Lake and the Puppet Bar (Eagle Point Park) on Pistakee Lake.  Both are on the Chain of Lakes.  I saw all the boaters coming in and having such a good time, well, I got to thinking maybe I should get me a boat.

--RoadBoat

No comments: