Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

"Look Through Any Window" and "Any Way You Want It", And "Rubber Soul" or "Herman's Hermits' Greatest Hits."


On Sunday, Bob Stroud did a Rock and Roll  Roots Salute to the Hollies on the 50th anniversary of Graham Nash leaving the group and heading for America.  The Hollies and Dave Clark Five are my favorite two sixties British bands.

Like last week, where Stroud saluted the Beatles' "Rubber Soul" album on its 53rd anniversary of release, and where I had the problem of choosing between it and Herman's Hermits Greatest Hits" for my first-ever album.  (See my post.)

Well, today, he played the two 45s that I had to choose between for my first-ever record purchase.  That would be the Hollies' "Look Through Any Window" and the Dave Clark Five's "Any Way You Want It."  Unfortunately, I don't remember which one I chose for sure, but think it might have been the Hollies.

Well, the Memories.  --RoadDog


No comments: