Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Around Here: Da Bulls, Weird Hair on Athletes, Stucky's, Da Beatles and Stucky's Again

SATURDAY, JANUARY 15

We had snow flurries all day, but there was no accumulation.  That's a real good thing.  We went to Stucky's and watched the Bulls game, which sadly, they lost.  They are on a losing streak right now, but before that playing very well for the first time since the fabulous 90s when they won six NBA Championships in eight years -- the Michael Jordan years.  Ever since, they have been very sad.

I wanted to show Liz the hair that Bulls player Coby White had last year compared to this.  Back then it was one of those very eye-insulting 'dos, but now just a regular cut.  I don't like long, weird hair on athletes no matter if they're Whites or Blacks.

While looking for pictures of him, I found out that he was born in Goldsboro, North Carolina, which perked my interest since that is also where I was born.  However, he played high school basketball in Wilson, N.C.  He went to UNC-Chapel Hill, but unfortunately was one of those one-and-diners.  I'm not real happy with these guys or the schools that "hire" them for that one year before they go to the NBA.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 16

Bob Stroud featured the Beatles Album "Meet the Beatles" as later this week will mark the 58th anniversary of its release.  This was the fun Beatles in my book.  And, they were the ones who got me to listening to pop music.  I never did before.  And, of course, music has had a huge impact on my life.

We went to Stucky's in Johnsburg, Illinois, and watched two NFL Wild Card Playoff games.

--RoadBeatle


No comments: