Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, February 27, 2022

The Very Best of Outlaw Country: 'The South's Gonna Do It Again'

Several months ago, I was in Wal-Mart going through their bin of close out CDs and found this great little nugget for the whopping price of $5.  Well, quick as a wink, I grabbed it.  I wasn't going to let it get away from me.

I already had most of the songs on other LPs, CDs and cassettes, but this collection would fit in just great in my Ultimate Jukebox.

And, besides that, I am a real big fan of Outlaw Country.  One of my favorite albums, of course, is "Wanted! The Outlaws."

Here are the first five songs of this new CD:

1.  ARE YOU SURE HANK DONE IT THIS WAY--  Waylon Jennings

2.  THE SOUTH'S GONNA DO IT AGAIN--  Charlie Daniels Band

3.  RAMBLIN' MAN--  Allman Brothers

4.  WHISKEY RIVER (LIVE)--  Willie Nelson

5.  ALL MY ROWDY FRIENDS ARE COMING OVER TONIGHT--  Hank Williams Jr.

Just these first five songs would get it on my jukebox.  I'll list the rest of them next post.

Will This One Get On My Ultimate Jukebox?  You Betcha.  --RoadLaw

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "Tryin' To make A Livin And Doin' The Best I Can."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Ramblin' Man"


No comments: