Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, September 12, 2022

9/11 Ceremony in Johnsburg, Illinois --Part 2

I was unable to post my annual 9/11 commemoration in my blogs yesterday, but am doing it today.  The first part is in today's RoadDog's RoadLog blog.

Johnsburg, Illinois, is about three miles from our house in Spring Grove along Johnsburg Road.  The ceremony was to start at 9.  It rained all morning, all the way there and by golly it rained even harder as they got the flags set up in a line along Johnsburg Road between the bank and Johnsburg Library.

They were still putting the flags out when I arrived.  Too bad the grass had not been cut in awhile as I got my feet quite wet walking over to them from the bank's parking place.  There were probably 12 people there busy putting in holders for the flags in the ground.

Despite being wet, the flags were fluttering and flapping in the strong wind.  It looked good.  

Once the 30 U.S. flags and several 9/11 flags were in place, we had a few words from a woman that really struck home about what happened that day and how America rebounded.  Then a wreath was placed and a prayer given.

Most of the people out there were members of the McHenry Moose Lodge's Legion Riders.

Upon conclusion, I drove around to where I would pass them and honked the horn.  I had heard some say that they were disappointed because in the past when they did this, people would honk their horns.  I got a lot of smiles and waves.

I Want to Thank those people for the commemoration.


No comments: