Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Every Bloomin' Thing- Mid-August


Right now, the yard is ablaze with purples and yellows. The purple coneflowers are still in show-state and the black-eyed susans are in their prime. I also have lots of heirloom tall yellow plants that are blooming.

I found these at a home in Fox Lake where I was deejaying a lot of years ago. I asked the owners what they were, and they said they didn't know, but they had been on their grandparents' farm and had been there for at least a hundred years. They let me take some and they are doing very well in my yard.

They are about five to six feet tall and topped with about 20-30 yellow flowers about the size of a small fist. Unfortunately, when it rains, the flowers get too heavy for the stalk and they bend over. With all our rain, they are bent over quite a bit.

We had another storm pass through this morning. It seems like we're getting a storm about every two or three days, but, hey, I'll take the water.

The goldenrod are getting ready to bloom, plus, I still have a lot of daylillies blooming. I've had different ones blooming since early June, and still going. The mums have some blooms already, but the big burst will come toward the beginning of September and continue until frost.

Plant a Flower-Make a Smile. --RoadDog



No comments: