Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, August 27, 2007

Mrs. Mike's Gourmet Corn Cheesy Style, Freeport, Illinois


As we travel down those old roads, every so often it becomes necessary to stop for a bathroom break. Often it is at a fast food place or gas station/convenience store. If I do not buy gas, I always make sure I buy something in way of thanks for using their facilities.

That usually means something from their $1 snacks. I always look for something I've never seen  before.   This past Friday, while driving along Illinois Hwy 72, we stopped and I bought some of the best cheese popcorn I've ever had. It was called Mrs. Mike's Gourmet Corn Cheesy Style. It looked cheesy and believe me, it was.

It is made by the Altona Company of Freeport, Illinois, which advertises "From the makers of the BEST POTATO CHIPS ON THE PLANET" on the package. If their gourmet corn is any indication, I would have to believe them. This was the BEST I've ever eaten.

Freeport, Illinois, is known even better for pretzels.  Even their high school teams are called the Pretzels.

They have a website at www.mrsmikes.com

Check them out, and, if you ever see it sold, buy some.

Mighty Good Eatin'. --RoadDog

No comments: