Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

JSS: The Flowers Should Be in Pictures-- Mama Robin-- Where's Alvin-- The One That Got Away

JSS-- Just Some Stuff.


1. THE FLOWERS SHOULD BE IN PICTURES-- After seeing how many of my perennials that I don't know the names yesterday, I have decided to take pictures of them and then go to a nursery to find out their names.


2. MAMA ROBIN-- When I was gone, one of those robins built a nest on the deck light by the main sliding door I use to get out. This means that I can't use it until the kids are gone, a bit of a hassle.

I get the old scrutinizing eye whenever I walk by the door. Mama just doesn't trust me much. She sometimes is facing out and other times is turned toward the house. This spring, I must have taken two nests down and chased other pairs away who were eying it.


3. WHERE'S ALVIN?-- For some reason, I have not seen a single chipmunk out in the yard this year. There are usually lots of them and their holes. Two days ago, I did see a hole, but as yet, none of the little varmints. I have to admit that I kind of like them.


4. THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY-- Found another Japanese beetle yesterday, but it got away before I could smash it. Lucky feller.

Just Some Stuff. --RoadDog

No comments: