Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Officially Empty Nesters-- Part 1

The last baby flew off earlier this morning. That would be baby, as in robin baby.

While I was on the Mediterranean cruise and in North Carolina, a pair of robins built a nest out by our deck light. When I'm home, I strongly discourage this action as this is the main way out to the deck. Mom and pop robin just don't seem to grasp that I mean them no harm, and any trip outside is accompanied by a huge fuss.

That means trying to scare them off and dismantling the nest on occasion.

We have other doors we can use, however, and that is just what I do.

Don't get me wrong, I do like watching the nest and sure did that a lot these last several weeks. I have nothing against robins there, but I really hate the fuss. Have you ever been "fussed out" by a robin? Quite loud and a hassle I don't need.

More. --RoadDog

No comments: