Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 24, 2009

JSS: Not the Same-- "Yo Quiero Taco Bell"-- The Apple Tree

JSS-- Just Some Stuff


1. NOT THE SAME-- It just isn't the same this morning without checking on those baby robins and see what's up at the nest. However, I can live with ut the mommy-daddy fuss whenever they saw us, AND, I got to enjoy that side of the deck for the first time. Parting is such sweet sorrow.


2. "YO QUEIRO TACO BELL"-- Sorry to hear of the death, July 21st, of the Taco Bell Chihuahua, Gidget, at age 15. That was one FUNNY dog. Gidget became the chain's spokesdog in 1997 and the commercials ran to 2000.

The one where she was trying to trap Godzilla in a small box was the best. "Here Lizard, lizard, here lizard, lizard." Then, upon seeing the shadow of Godzilla, "I think I'm going to need a bigger box."


3. THE APPLE TREE-- For years, I had a tree growing on the west side of the house that I didn't know what it was. Last fall, I had buddy Trov come over to trim the trees. He trims and cuts down trees for a living. I asked him what it was, and he said, judging by the apples, an apple tree.

In my defense, there were only a couple and this was the first year they'd ever grown AND, I hadn't seen them.

I would have known this year, as it is covered by apples. However, those lousy Japanese beetles have developed a taste for the leaves, unfortunately. So that is a battle.

Here Lizard Lizard. --RoadDog

No comments: